Skylights are an excellent way to bring more natural light into your home. Only 1 skylight can radically transform your area by adding 30 percent more natural light than a window. This helps you to save energy and makes your home warmer during the winter. Skylights might appear cheap at first glimpse because a superior 2×4 foot skylight together with a flashing kit prices anywhere from $100 to $400. However, you will need to look at adding another $3000 for installation costs. That being said you need to thoroughly assess if installing a skylight is the ideal thing for your home. Till recently having a Roof slope decided if you can put in a skylight. Flat roofs or those that were too steep required special tools and techniques. However, lots of the skylight kits available now include a comprehensive installation kit and processes that allows it to be installed on all types of roofs. Since, most skylights are supposed to be installed on a roof with asphalt shingles you might want to pay additional for flashing in the event that you have metal or tile roofing.
Answer These questions to ascertain if your home requires a skylight:
- Get Proper for wiring, plumbing and HVAC.
- A chase is only a framed tube that will channel the sun via the skylight, through your attic and into your room. It can be completed with a drywall and then painted. An expert installation requiring this will cost approximately $1000. You would not need a chase when you have got a cathedral ceiling.
- A skylight is only a neutral element and will blend in with most style homes but it might influence the overall curb appeal of a classic home.
- This costs around 20% less than what Velux Skylights are going to end up costing you and can light up an area measuring around 600 sq. ft. A fixed skylight will cost approximately $150 to $400. Many manufacturers provide several choices which help to control the quantity of light entering your home and enhance ventilation.
- A manual venting skylight which needs to be opened manually with a hand crank can cost around $500
- An electronic skylight that you are able to open and close via distant costs around $1000. This also includes a rain detector that will automatically close the skylight as it rains.